Matt Mullenweg hat beim Wordcamp über Vergangenheit, Gegenwart und Zukunft von WordPress berichtet.
Auszüge aus seiner Rede (und seinem Posting):
- The survey of 18,000 WP users revealed some interesting data, like a median hourly rate of $50 and that 6,800 of the self-employed respondents were responsible for over 170,000 sites personally.
- WordPress 3.2 had 500,000 downloads in the first two days, representing the fastest upgrade velocity ever.
- WordPress now has 15,000 plugins and 200 million plugin downloads, and we’re doing a lot of work to make the plugin experience more seamless.
- 14.7 percent of the top million websites in the world use WordPress.
- 22 of every 100 active domains created in the U.S. are running WordPress.